Portfolio Website Help
- FORMAT - - Required field. Limit the text to 60 characters. Use Title Case. Example: Middlesex County Courthouse Slate Roof Replacement
- DISPLAY - - This field displays on the Portfolio page as a link to the Project page, and on the Project page as the name of the project.
- SEO INTENT - - This text should describe the project, using a keyword phrase, if possible. See example above.
Project Browser Description (a.k.a. Title Tag)
- FORMAT - - Limit the text to 120 characters. Use Title Case. Example: Slate Roof Replacement, Fabrication Copper Dormers, Courthouse Building.
- DISPLAY - - This very important field displays at the top of the browser, NOT on the web page. The exact location depends on the browser it is viewed in (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.). The field also usually appears in the first line of the search results (Google, Bing, etc.), in linked blue colored text.
- SEO INTENT - - Use target keyword phrases entered into the search engine by your prospect. This is a longer field than the Project Name, so it is an opportunity to target related phrases, separated by commas. Just as your Project is more specific than the general Portfolio in which it is included, so you can target more specific keywords and Visitor concerns. It is an opportunity to target secondary and specialty keywords.
- NOTES - - After the first three or four words, the search engine values the words less and less, so lead off with your most relevant phrase, followed by those of lesser importance.
Project City and/or County
- FORMAT - - Limit the text to 70 characters. Insert comma and space if posting City and County. Example: Cambridge, Middlesex County
- DISPLAY - - This field displays on the Portfolio Page results, plus the Project Page. If no value is entered, none will display.
- SEO INTENT - - This text affects local search by your prospect. Use this field to target searches by city, county or both.
Project State and Country
- FORMAT - - Limit the text to 70 characters. Example: Massachusetts - - U. S. A.
- DISPLAY - - If no value is entered, none will display.
Project Main Body
- FORMAT - - No character limit, but the general intent is to briefly introduce the Project, without burying them too far down the page. A paragraph or two should suffice to introduce most Projects. Any text, image, video or links can be placed here through the WYSIWYG (whatyouseeiswhatyouget) editor. Take care when uploading images and media in this area, as they may display unexpectedly on smaller mobile screens -- check the appearance on mobile devices. Click the Update button to save. DO cut and paste from your desktop, so you don't lose work, rather than working live. DON'T cut and paste direct from MS Word. There is an "Word" icon in the WYSIWYG editor. Paste your work into the window it provides. You can also paste direct from Notepad or any ASCII text editor. This field is very feature-rich and can support and format various items, like tables, embedding video, etc. Explore your options by right-clicking and looking through the buttons at the bottoms of the field.
- DISPLAY - - This field appears as the main body of text, with embedded images, video, etc., if you choose. Use caution when embedding images and other media, as they may display unexpectedly on mobile devices. It is recommended that you check the appearance of the page on a mobile device.
- SEO INTENT - - This text should summarize what was notable about the project to your ideal client. Do use the keyword phrases entered into the search engine by your prospect. Use variants to get more keyword coverage from the page. DON'T overuse keywords.
- NOTES - - In general, this field can target longer, serious searches. Some technical information about process and how the project came to be is appropriate as it will engage these searches, AND Visitor concerns.
Project Publish Status
- PROJECT PUBLISH STATUS - - To publish the Project, this checkbox must be filled. If you aren't ready to publish yet, but are still working, you can leave this box unchecked and Update the project, to come back later and finish it.
- RELATED PORTFOLIOS - - A Project must belong to one Portfolio. Click the dropdown and select.
- SORT ORDER - - Select the order in which this Project shall appear on the Portfolio page. If two Projects have the same order number, order will default to creation order.
Project Web Address (URL)
- FORMAT - - This the extension to your domain that takes you to the specific page. Character limit 50. Use all lower case, no capitals. To separate words, use an underscore (_). Other than that, use only alphanumeric characters. The Web Address Extension field should use a relevant keyword phrase. Example: /county_courthouse_addition
- DISPLAY - - This field appears at the end of the web address, in the browser, proceeded by the domain name.
- SEO INTENT - - This text should use and target a keyword concern of your prospect. Usually this can be done by simply reformatting the Project Name field.
- NOTES - - No two pages can have the same URL.
Project Top Image Uploader
- FORMAT - - The Project Top Image Uploader is for uploading an image that is most representative of your project. We recommend selecting an image that is in landscape orientation. An image about 850 pixels wide is ideal, and the file size range to shoot for is about 80-150 MB. 400MB is a good upper limit. We recommend .jpg file formats; don't try to upload very large image file types. This image is required, so there is no delete option. However, if you would like to change the image you use here, simply click the "Choose File" button and select another image. The new image will replace the old one -- but make sure to click the "Update Project" button at the bottom of the page.
- DISPLAY - - This image displays as a small thumbnail on the Portfolio page, representing the Project, AND as the large, main image at the top of project page.
- NOTES - - The basic idea here is to use the smallest image that still looks good so you can upload it quickly and it loads on the screen for your visitors as quickly as possible. To upload an image from your desktop, click the Choose File button, select image from your desktop and click the Update button.
Project Subsequent Images Uploader
- FORMAT - - The Project Subsequent Image Uploader is for images that show the detail of your work -- whether in-process shots, or before/after, or close-ups -- whatever showcases your skillset best and captures the project. A good size range to shoot for is about 80-150 MB. 400MB is a good upper limit. The uploader will handle multiple images at at time, but if you have problems getting it through the web "pipeline", try just a few at at time, and wait few seconds after uploading the images before you save the Project. We recommend .jpg or file formats; don't try to upload very large image file types such as .png.
- DISPLAY - - This image displays as a small thumbnail on the Project page. When clicked by the Visitor, it expands to full size to show detail.
- CAPTIONS - - Each image will accept a text caption of up to 80 words. Use keywords.
- NOTES - - As with the top image, the basic idea is to use the smallest images that look good so you can upload quickly and the page loads on the screen for your visitors as quickly as possible.To upload an image from your desktop, click the Choose File button, select image from your desktop and click the Update button.
Edit Project Image
- DELETE IMAGE - - To delete image, click the trash can icon beside the image name.
- EDIT CAPTION - - Each image will accept a text caption. Use keywords.
- IMAGE POSITION - - Select the order in which this image shall appear on the Project page. If two images have the same order number, order will default to creation order.